Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, October 16, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday

 

We had a crazy weather weekend.  Saturday the wind was so bad, that many ferry lines, and outdoor activities were canceled.  It was so dreary out - wind, rain, and what I call "corn" snow (pellet snow).  Yes, it was snowing here.

I got some rosemary dehydrated.  I still need to dehydrate more sage.




Today I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.


The Weather . . .

50-60's for the highs, and 40's for the lows, rain possible mid-week.


As I look outside my window . . .

It's pitch dark at the moment.


Right now I am . . .

Getting ready to post this, sipping some hot coffee.


Thinking and pondering . . .

To freeze or bake with some over ripe bananas.


How I am feeling  . . .

Tired.  We were either on the run for supplies, or working outside, and it wasn't the chicken coop.  


On the breakfast plate . . .

Not sure, but eggs will be involved.

On the lunch plate . . .

Have no idea.


On the dinner plate . . .

Leftover roast and vegetables.


What I am wearing . . .

Still in PJ's ha ha!


On the reading pile. . .

Nothing right now.


On  my TV . . .

Nothing special.


On the menu . . .

I will need to work on this later this morning.


Looking around the house . . .

The kitchen is a hot mess, but I will take care of that.  We just spent so much time working on things this past weekend.


To do list . . .

-remove items from the camper for the season
-write out a menu plan
-clean up kitchen
-pay bills

From the camera . . .

The canned applesauce needs rings removed, labeled and put away.  I may be canning more applesauce soon.  

Devotional, quote, prayer. . .

No current prayer requests.


8 comments:

Luludou said...

I always like to see and hear about all the fresh produce you put away for the winter months.
Have a great week

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Love homemade applesauce. Use too make it when we lived in Michigan close to Apple orchard. Snow already ? I guess winter will be her shortly.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Luludou, same to you! Have a great week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Lisa, I love to have applesauce on hand, not just for a fruit side, but also for baking if I'm making a recipe with an oil (cutting the oil in half).

Sherry Jolly said...

I love the smell of fresh rosemary! The canned applesauce sounds amazing too! Have a wonderful week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sherry Jolly, yes rosemary smells wonderful, especially dehydrating all day long. I love it for roasted vegetables and other recipes.

Jean said...

Wow, early snow! We've had it before as well but thankfully, not in a long while. Hope you are back to regular fall weather for the rest of the week. I can almost smell the rosemary in your picture (love the smell of that one). Hope you have a great week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jean, we've had snow in October before, but we look like we will have a nice fall weekend coming up after this weekend. Thanks. I hope your week is great too.