Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, October 14, 2023

Green Bell Pepper Powder ~ Dehydrating

 

I decided to dehydrate some of the last of the green bell peppers.  Sorry for the bad photo.  I am using my cell camera for now.  My download cord to my actual camera died, so I need a new one (it's on the way).

I made green bell pepper powder.  I will try this in scrambled eggs, sauces and dips for now.  It smells so good!  Have you made/used green bell pepper powder?


4 comments:

Jackie said...

How interesting. I have not done this as of yet, but will keep it in mind for next year. I did dehydrate tomato skins this year for the first time.

God bless.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie, I too dehydrate tomato skins and make tomato powder.

Debi said...

I am looking for a dehydrator (hoping to catch one on sale). What kind do you have and do you like it? I only need it for fruits and vegetables. I won't be doing any "heavy duty" dehydrating. The green peppers look yummy.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debi, my first dehydrator was a 4-5 tray (it was on the smaller side) Excalibur, and when that stopped working, I upgraded to a 9 tray. I can remove the trays to make homemade yogurt, and it has enough room to remove most of the trays, to also use it for rising breads. Of course it has plenty of room for dehydrating all herbs etc at once, and I have 4 mats to use with it. In the past I just used parchment paper when needed. There are smaller ones, and so many different brands, where they are in a more circle shape. I do not like those, other than for small batch dehydrating.