Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, October 20, 2023

Nettle Homemade Teabags

 

I have a travel size mat and iron, I use to seal my brew bags.  You could also use a flat hair iron if you have one.


I bought my brew bags from Mountain Rose Herbs.  I'm sure the price has changed since then.  These are great for traveling, going to a gathering, or any other time you want specific brews, and you are not at home.


These are nettle tea, and I store them in an amber jar until I use them.  I also have many tea infusers, but teabags come in handy for a convenience tea (no cleaning a infuser or tea ball).  They also come in handy to deliver medicinal teas to someone who is sick or feeling ill.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I didn't know that brew bags were out there, but it makes sense and sounds handy. Tea infusers are a bit of a nuisance at times.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Leigh, they do come in handy. I bought mine form Mountain Rose Herbs. You just fill and seal and store. They are great for taking medicinal teas to someone who is sick too. For traveling, camping, and just so you don't have to clean the infuser.