Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, April 17, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday

 The closet "extreme clean" is still going on.  I'm impressed if I pull at least a few items a day around here.  



My green onion is in full harvest due to the recent weather.  I could not let it be ignored with the twist of weather today.  I made a batch of fresh green onion/parsley pesto.  I plan to use some in our breakfast this morning.

Compost has now been added to the gardens.  I have yet to pull the bean fence, but we have a few days before tilling is done.   I think this year has been the earliest to get these jobs done, and I am thankful for that.  In May, it's typically hit or miss weather for getting planting done.  





Today I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

I will link up when she posts.

The weather . . .

43/34°F and possible snow.


As I look outside my window . . .

Very cloudy and dark, and it's snowing.


Right now I am . . .

Brewing coffee.


Thinking and pondering . . .

Thinking about taking some donations to drop off, to get them out of the house.


On my bedside table . . .

Water, a crochet hook, phone charger


On my TV . . .

Netflix movies.


Listening to . . .

Country.


On the menu . . .

-fried eggs with homemade pesto, bacon and tomato slices

-Charro Beans to use up tomatoes in the freezer, and a side to go with leftover

-sheet pan chicken sausage/carrots and potatoes 

-Mexican Lasagna (no pasta), and  corn we froze off the cob last summer

On my reading pile . . .

Once a week I get this out to read up on things.  Last week I read about the Nettles.  I am learning new things from this book, and it's been on my shelf for years.


I am about 1/4 of the way through Atomic Habits.  I am very much enjoying this book.


On the to-do list . . .

-pay bills
-laundry
-work on upstairs flooring
-make a breakfast
-run errands

Extreme Clean list:
-clean all of the blinds

Plans for the week . . .
To get the closet floor done, trim done and everything put back in it's place.


What I am creating . . . 



Hard to see, as the weather was rainy and dark and the lighting was bad, but I am using beads from my Grandma's stash and making a few sets of these earrings (using up supplies I have on hand for jewelry making).  It's a smaller crafting project for when it's hot out.  Most likely they will be gifted or sold down the road.  I'm thinking it would make a thoughtful Christmas present for our girls, considering the beads are from my Grandmother.

By the way, my readers were not much help with the tiny parts of the earrings.  If you use a crafter's magnifying lamp, I would love to hear your suggestions on purchasing one.



I'm still working on this blanket (old photo)

My simple pleasure . . .
On a dreary day like today, I will sometimes put something in my coffee like Bailey's or Rum Chata Peppermint Bark.  Most days it is just coffee.  I do miss the recent porch time I was getting.


Looking around the house . . .
It's still a hot mess.  I will be until the upstairs flooring is treated completely, and the bedroom closet is done. 


From the camera . . .
The ornamental apple trees are loaded with blossoms.  I took a photos just in case the snow damages things today.  


Bible Verse, Prayers. . .
Last Monday I mentioned Tina's husband.  He had cardiac arrest, followed by more complications, and unfortunately has passed away.  He name is Dane, if you wish to pray for the family.


8 comments:

Charlotte Boord said...

I absolutely love the earrings, if you end up with a spare pair, I'd be glad to purchase them! I'm at charlotte dot boord at gmail dot com.
And the colors on the blanket are perfect!

Jean said...

I hope the snow doesn't damage the pretty blossoms on your apple tree. We didn't get much snow this year but I wouldn't want to see it at this point. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Debi said...

I love the earrings you are making and I would have loved some made with beads from something of my mom's. I think they would be such a precious gift for your girls. Have a great week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Charlotte, thank you so much. If I do, I will surely let you know.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jean, we got snow and rain all day long, but I have yet to venture out and check for any damage. Crazy weather for sure.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debi, it was completely spontaneous, and of course I had the items to make the earrings.

Sandra said...

What gorgeous earrings ♥

I also love your crochet blanket, what pattern is that, I can tell it's a chevron but is it granny stripes as well? So much fun.

Hope you're having a blessed week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sandra, I will hunt down the pattern. Her original pattern says to change colors more often, but I'm not fond of sewing in that many ends lol! I'll get a post up soon.