Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Wild Violets ~ Wild Violet Jelly ~ Wild Violet Tincture

 I have wild violets on our property, and they only bloom for a short time.  One area is around my clothesline, so I have to keep on top of it, before someone mows it down.

In the past I have made wild violet jelly for gifting and enjoying ourselves.  I just don't have the time to can anything right now, so I decided to make a medicinal tincture this spring.


Here is how I canned the jelly:  Wild Violet Jelly

It's perfect for gift giving because it is a beautiful color, and it tastes delicious.  I can it in 4 oz. jars, to make the recipe more shareable.  I typically only get enough blossoms for one batch when I do can jelly.  I first made the jelly back in 2018.  I got the recipe from another blogger (go to my link and it will then have a link for her blogpost).



(I picked these, and made this Sunday, before the frost)


The tincture is new to us.  I am doing research on uses, but so far cough, throat issues are two.  Have you made this tincture?  I would love to know what other benefits is contains, or illnesses it can be used for.

No comments: