Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Travel Coffee Maker (K-Cups) and Travel Case

 

If you love coffee and travel both, these are great!  I though you'd enjoy a post that wasn't about home repairs/renovations ha ha!   This is not an advertisement either.  I am just sharing.  The single serve coffee maker fits in center, and there are pockets inside and there are pockets on all outside areas too.
It has a hand strap and shoulder strap, but mine arrived with out the shoulder strap.  I have messaged Amazon, and waiting to hear back.


Off brand single coffee maker we found at Menards and works great.   We can use organic K-cup coffee or fill it a reusable "k-cup" and bottom  spill tray and stand do-hicky can be removed to fill a travel coffee mug.  This coffee maker can fill up to 14 oz. of water.  You do have to measure your water before adding (to make the amount you prefer).  My husband got me a free Yeti that fits perfectly under it, or add that space filler and fill a regular coffee cup.  

Back of coffee maker travel bag.  There is a slot to slide this over the handle of your suitcase.  If you have a suitcase you can pull out a handle to pull with, this slides over the handle for easy carry or use shoulder strap or hand strap.  Either way, lots of options.

We love our coffee in the morning, but do not like hotel/motel coffee, and the coffee at most fast food places tastes terrible.  We finally invested in a coffee maker to take traveling or even camping.  It is electric, but so far works great.  Keurig single coffee makers are pretty expensive, and this works well for now.

The weather forecasters are saying we are in a big storm (severe with warnings) later today.  They are saying hail, chance of tornadoes, rain, wind and so forth.  I have water bottled for the chickens.  I am getting my day started and will make sure all the dishes are washed just in case we lose power.  I have my portable phone charger charged, and will be charging my neck lamp too.  I have oil lamps and have prepped for such a storm, but you just never know.


A message to those who froze fruit last summer/fall - go bake or make something.  I dug out some blueberries, and baked us a blueberry oatmeal breakfast bake.


2 comments:

M. Meyers said...

I did bake with my frozen blueberries! They were vacuumed sealed for months and were still great. I baked Blueberry Pie Bars for a church potluck on Sunday. It was a hit!

https://www.averiecooks.com/blueberry-pie-bars/

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

M.Meyers, that sounds delicious.