Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Garden Harvest Tip and other ramblings

 

I like to dice up jalapenos I freeze from the garden, but the tip below is an idea to keep fresh peppers fresh, after harvesting.  Anyway, this breakfast had a lot going on in it.  I had a red bell pepper, bacon, a few sweet potatoes, onion, leftover pesto, eggs, jalapeno, and fresh green onions from the herb garden.  Delicious.  No recipe.  I just tossed it together.

As we near garden season, here is another tip I learned (America's Test Kitchen):


(source:  America's Test Kitchen)

I did not know this.  Typically, we either eat, can or freeze as we harvest, but at the end of the season this could be useful.

My husband has not had a day off for 2 weeks now.  Not even weekends.  We cannot wait for that schedule to end.

I have switched gears, and started to go through all the crafting supplies that were moved out of the bedroom closet.  There is a lot to go through.  

Tough decisions on what stays and what goes.

There is nothing going on in the garden currently.  I'm waiting on my husband's crazy schedule to end, before we purchase solar electric fencing.

My front flower bed is full of purple dead nettle.  Part of me says harvest it, the other says look away.



2 comments:

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Hello! I've been looking around your site. I saved it a few days ago, and now I cannot remember which blog I found you on! I just signed up as a new follower on Google. I invite you to visit me at http://harvestlanecottage.com and say hello. It looks like we have similar interests.
Be blessed!
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Ms. Laura Lane, it looks like I am already a follower on your blog. I will check my reading list.