Skip to main content

Random Things I Found . . .



Here are some random items I found during the start of my bedroom closet purge....

Pop can from my trip to Spain, along with a toy bull, and an antique glass insulator.  I've had the insulator since childhood, but the rest is leaving the house.


I'm not sure why these were not in the "Halloween" totes (which were passed down a few years ago).  I found these purses and sunglasses meant for Halloween costumes.  They are leaving the house.

I'm on the fence with this beaded tea ball.  One of my Grandmother's made it.  It's been in storage.  My husband said, "lets find a place for it" and I'm thinking "um, not so sure about that."  I love it.  It's pretty.  Grandma made it.  Just not sure it fits anywhere.  Maybe pack it up with Christmas stuff and get it out for Christmas as a decoration?  Or discreetly and secretly leaving it one of the kids places during a visit.  It is vintage....hmm?


I found one camera from my teen years.  Yeah, no doubt it is leaving the house.  There are places that recycle them.

I'll be honest, these were all in totes from our last move 14 years ago.  Why?  I have no idea, other than just forgotten about while moving in.  I'm so glad I'm doing this too.  

We spent most of Friday running here and there, returning stuff to the hardware store, and picking up more supplies.  We hope to get a lot accomplished today.  Happy Easter!

 

Comments

Leigh said…
It's amazing what we forget we packed away to save. Either new discoveries, or things I have in mind that I still can't find (and am pretty sure I didn't get rid of!). It's a fun exercise in some ways, but also a relief to get it sorted and done with.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart