Skip to main content

I'm starting to think. . .

 

Old ceiling fan.  The room has two of these, so this one still needs to come down.  It will be sent to scrap as it does not work correctly.  The other will be donated.






One ceiling fan went up, but after we painted the ceiling, so we'll need to pull the top metal piece down and touch up the paint.   The old ceiling fans were both about 16-17 years old, and they were used (not new) when the builders installed them.  The newer ones now have a hook on them, making it much much easier to wire in.  The new fans have reversible blades, so if we decide we don't like them this color, we can flip the blades to make them all white.

Although we got one completely installed, we got no where after that. He got the painted trim up around one door, and the battery on the nail gun died.  Our handy man had borrowed 3 batteries and a saw on Friday, and they were not returned until later yesterday.

We ran to town to beat the storm, and to get a few items we needed.  After that nothing got done.

My husband is putting the cart before the horse again.  He wants to move furniture back to the bedroom before the floor trim is installed, closet door installed, and other things that need finished first.

He's also expecting me to entertain a meal (today of all days), and my kitchen is completely full of donations, boxes of stuff from the bedroom, our suitcase we are still living out of, a bookshelf that needs to go upstairs......I can't.  I just can't do it.  The table is covered with "stuff" once again with the gutting of the bedroom etc.  I suggested we meet somewhere, and that was rejected.  I honestly want to work on the bedroom and stay home and get ahead on this project.

I'm starting to think that participating in a craft show this month was a bad idea.  I do not have room in the living room to bring all my completed inventory downstairs.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

New Recipe Tried and other Bits

  I tried a new granola recipe and boy it's good.  First, it's a recipe from Mennonite Girls and Cook, and called "Backpack Snacks" online.  It calls for granola, so I used my homemade granola that we love.  Picture is the dry ingredients. Second, I pressed the final mixture into a 9 x 9, parchment lined baking dish instead of rolling it into balls.  The color of these photos are all different, because of the time of day, and how dark the house was from the thick Canadian smoke that was still outside at the time. These cut very nicely, and were very good, straight from the refrigerator.  It was hard to eat just one of them.  I will be making this again, and switching out the peanuts with walnuts, and switching out the raisins with dates.  Oh my!  The binder is honey and peanut butter. These are perfect for your hiking days, camping, your grandkids, or just for snacks when you want one. The rain arrived thank goodness, and washed the smoke in...