Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, April 10, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday

 

I hope you all had a nice Easter.  We spent it with my husband's family, but there were so many people, it's hard to talk to every single person. 

I can't say I had the day off.  I got books back on a bookshelf and towels put on the clothesline to dry, before heading out to see friends and family.



Today I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

I'll link up later when she posts.


The weather . . .

Gorgeous!  In the 60's and sunny, and we will hit the high 70's this weekend.  


As I look outside my window . . .

The sunrise is beautiful.  There is no wind, and the day should be great for laundry on the clothesline.


Right now I am  . . .

Waking up with coffee, and about to start a load of laundry.


Thinking and pondering . . .

Working on a plan to get two doors painted, closet carpet removed, and new flooring installed in there.  The garden needs weeded, tilled, compost added etc.  This week is perfect, but we'll see, as it will be only me doing the work.  My husband is too tired to do much after work during the week days.


On my beside table. . .

Water, a cell charger, a crochet hook and yarn needle.


On my TV . . .

Netflix, whatever looks good when I am watching TV.


Listening to . . .

70's Rock


On the lunch plate . . .

-have no idea


On the dinner plate . . .

-see menu plan


On the menu . . .

-Sheet pan chicken sausage/carrot/potato

-Pasta casserole with ground beef, home canned tomato sauce, asparagus/onion etc.

-Crockpot chops, quinoa and roasted brussel sprouts


On my reading pile . . .

....because I cannot locate my current book due to the work being done, I bought these two, recommended by a cousin.  I am reading the one on the right, but only a few pages a day.


On the to-do list . . . 

-dishes
-laundry, put out on the line to dry
-sweep and mop floors
-dust


Plans for the week . . .

Extreme Clean:  

-Start cleaning front porch

-Clean out fridge

-Continue cleaning bedroom closet/purge


What I am creating . . .

Honestly, I had to frog my current blanket, and I may table it until I have the porch cleaned up, and have a cool weather day.


My simple pleasure . . .

Porch time.  Some days it's reading, some days crochet, some playing cards....hence cleaning it up.


Looking around the house . . .

Its somewhat coming back together, but I have a bunch of craft supplies to look at before I lug them upstairs (or get rid of some).


From the camera . . .



Bible Verse, Prayers . . .

-prayers for a friend Tina, her husband is in the hospital on a ventilator.  I do not know the details.

8 comments:

Sherry Jolly said...

I've been reading Atomic Habits for about 2 months now. It has a lot of good information, but I have been in a reading slump lately. I hope that you enjoy it! Have a great week.

Debi said...

You have a busy week planned. I am also in the process of cleaning off our back porch and for the same reason. It's my peaceful reading/nap place! Good luck with your projects!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sherry, I have been in a reading slump for a long time, so I try to read a few pages every day, even if it's two.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debi, the weather has been so nice here. I sort of just want to sit on the porch vs. clean ha ha!

Jean said...

Beautiful photo! I've heard a lot of good things about the Atomic Habits book. Hope you have a great rest of your week!

Luludou said...

I love the idea of a back porch. we have a patio but no roof on it so sometimes it just gets too hot.. I'm a shade person!

Have a great week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jean, so far I am really enjoying the book.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Luludou, we have a back patio but with a shade over part of it. The front is completely shaded, but gets morning sunshine.