Skip to main content

I tried it, so you don't have to, recipe

 Breakfast Lasagna
(there are more versions of this online)

The recipe is found on a YouTube video.  It uses a lot of cheese to make this a "zero" carb recipe, but not low in calories.  You start by scrambling 18 eggs. 

Here is the video LINK for the YouTube video on how she makes the breakfast lasagna.


Gravy is made with breakfast sausage, cream cheese and beef broth.   Like I said, it uses a LOT of cheese.


I'm not a subscriber, so I could not get actual measurements from her recipe, so I "eyeballed" it.  I used a mix of mozzarella and pepper jack, and some Parmesan cheese.

The ham I used.  Honestly, didn't feel one 6 oz. package was enough, but I wasn't sure on the size of pan to use either.


Here is my review:  I used a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.  It was too big of a baking dish, to get even layers.

It was very good, but I will use my own milk based sausage gravy next time, and will utilize frozen diced ham we saved from the last holiday season.  Overall, very good, but you could make your own changes to suit your taste.  You can cut it in half and make a smaller batch too.

The final look after it came out of the oven.  I heated it at 350°F until it was heated through out the dish.

I guess all of these "zero" carb dishes are full of cheeses, so we will cut the cream cheese out and use homemade breakfast sausage gravy next time.  I use very little flour to make mine anyway.

It's a great idea for a breakfast for a group, or gathering, and it re-heats nicely.  It's perfect for a brunch as well.

 It didn't last long here, but again way too much cheese for us.  

Toodles!


I tried it, so you don't have to, recipe © Feb 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Mother Em said…
WOW on 18 eggs! But looks/sounded good.
Mother Em, I saw later she has two videos, and the other one she uses a dozen eggs. It is good, but would cut in half next time and use my own homemade gravy (maybe for a holiday or gathering).

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart