Skip to main content

One step forward, two steps back ~ 3 Ingredient Crackers ~ Red Lentil Crackers

 


I dropped my readers, while looking up at the ceiling for some reason, and they fell off my head. Ha!  I've been using them this way for a few days now.  I hope to replace them soon.


I feel like the hallway repairs/renovations are one step forward, and two back lately.  First, we are painstakingly painting a second coat of paint to all of the trim in the hallway.  The hall gets a lot of light, and I'll be honest, the second coat does look a lot better.  It will take some time to complete that job now.  

Next up, we discovered that one outlet is not working at all, and another is on the fritz.  We will be replacing both of those in the hallway too.


I am a journal junkie, and yes we have a home journal.  I have been good at taking notes, and stapling/or taping the paint chips on appropriate room pages.  I log the store, the cost, and sometimes include the receipt.  If we need to touch up paint or buy new anything, it's been written down for future reference.  If you are repairing or renovating, I highly suggest getting one for your own home.


I made the 3-ingredient crackers again, and this time I used my silicone mat for the first 15 minute bake.  The recipe states to flip them onto another baking sheet with parchment paper.



The dough sticks to these too, so I guess use parchment paper to avoid more things to wash.  I still like these the best so far, but it is pretty difficult to get the entire dough thin enough to bake crisp. I even put the thicker ones back in the oven and they did not crisp up this time.

Welcome to my kitchen, where I try recipes, so you don't have to - Red Lentil Crackers.  They are less fuss, bake nice, and are crisp.  There are several recipes out there, and this one I tried did not have a lot of flavor.  Look for a recipe with more spices/herbs if you try these.  They are thicker, so I'd spread it out much thinner, but they are very crisp (some are too crisp in my opinion).


The last trip to the grocery store, I found some organic cucumbers again.  We made my quick chicken salad, and love these.  It's been light meals here lately with all the work, but healthy meals.

In a quick pinch, I mix organic canned chicken with organic mayo, and a bit of home canned hot pepper relish, and a bit of sweet pickle relish.  I did not have any red grapes, or would have added those, and I did not add a boiled egg, as we had egg salad for another meal.  If I have celery, I dice some of that too.


Did I share this tip?  I save the lids off of our organic mayo (I don't make it fresh in winter when the eggs are in low production).  The lids fit perfect for when I open a jar of hot/sweet pepper relish.

Comments

Hummingbird said…
Try making your crackers in a tortilla press. That will get them nice and thin and even. You will get some weird shapes if you try to cut into squares so triangles like chips works best. If they stick to the parchment paper, spray the paper with a little cooking spray.
Hummingbird, that is a great idea! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart