Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Olive powder ~ Dehydrating Black Olives

 I've been wanting to do this, but I've typically had enough cans of olives on hand, to not do this.

I'm resurrecting this draft from March of 2016.  I guess if I have not done this by now, do I really need to?  We both like olives in our dishes, so I have not found a "need" to dehydrate them for grinding it into a powder.

I guess if you have someone who does not like the texture of olives, but you want the flavor it would come in handy.  Same with dehydrated and ground mushrooms.

Do any of you dehydrate and grind up olives for cooking?  I'm curious if there are other ideas for using it?  Other than adding it in place of diced or whole olives in a recipe?



I found this video on dehydrating olives.  I'm sort of intrigued on the camping snack.  Hm?  Enjoy!




2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I dehydrate mushrooms all the time. I only grind a few of them to add to soups for flavor. The others I either reconstitute and use in dishes or add them as is to anything with enough moisture to rehydrate them as it cooks.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Anne, I do dehydrate mushrooms, so I have them on hand all winter and spring, but I have not dehydrated olives.