Skip to main content

Sunrise ~ Questions





Again, another beautiful sunrise that turned into a dull, cloudy, cold wintery day.  I did enjoy the sunrise though.

Desperate for some fresh air, and porch time, that is exactly what I did yesterday.  Of course it wasn't for long, but it was nice, even though the sky was cloudy.  Late afternoon, we started to get snow flurries.  Needless to say, the chickens were not happy.


We woke up to this stuff.  Not much, but enough to make you cringe, ha ha!  Poor Man's Fertilizer I keep telling myself.


 Has anyone cooked with Palmini Lasagna sheets?  I wondered if they are a good substitute for pasta or tortillas in any "lasagna" recipe.


Where is a good source to find whole psyllium husk?  Is it non-gmo?  I'm reading reviews on Amazon, and for the life of me, cannot find a good product (want to try a bread recipe that uses is).  


Has anyone tried a shaved Brussel sprouts salad?  I'm looking at one on Eating Well, but the reviews suggest there are better salad recipe using them.  

Sunrise ~ Questions  © Feb 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart


Comments

Sandi said…
I used to buy plain, unsweetened psyllium husk at Kroger. What are you looking for?
Sandi, I'm looking for "whole" psyllium husk for baking a bread. All I can find is powder online. I may try looking at health stores.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart