Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Sunrise ~ Questions





Again, another beautiful sunrise that turned into a dull, cloudy, cold wintery day.  I did enjoy the sunrise though.

Desperate for some fresh air, and porch time, that is exactly what I did yesterday.  Of course it wasn't for long, but it was nice, even though the sky was cloudy.  Late afternoon, we started to get snow flurries.  Needless to say, the chickens were not happy.


We woke up to this stuff.  Not much, but enough to make you cringe, ha ha!  Poor Man's Fertilizer I keep telling myself.


 Has anyone cooked with Palmini Lasagna sheets?  I wondered if they are a good substitute for pasta or tortillas in any "lasagna" recipe.


Where is a good source to find whole psyllium husk?  Is it non-gmo?  I'm reading reviews on Amazon, and for the life of me, cannot find a good product (want to try a bread recipe that uses is).  


Has anyone tried a shaved Brussel sprouts salad?  I'm looking at one on Eating Well, but the reviews suggest there are better salad recipe using them.  

Sunrise ~ Questions  © Feb 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart


2 comments:

Sandi said...

I used to buy plain, unsweetened psyllium husk at Kroger. What are you looking for?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sandi, I'm looking for "whole" psyllium husk for baking a bread. All I can find is powder online. I may try looking at health stores.