Skip to main content

Hot Bean Dip


Here is how I make our Hot "taco" bean dip now (we've changed it just a bit).  It is great for an appetizer for any get together as well, and especially for a Mexican food themed meal.  So good!  We topped ours with some snipped herb garden green onions too.


To make the dip (this is baked):

Mix together first:

2 blocks of organic cream cheese (16 oz. total)

1 can of refried black beans (organic, 16 oz.)

1 can of refried pinto beans (organic, 16 oz) 


Once that is combined well, add:

8 oz. sour cream (organic)

2 Tbsp. of homemade dry taco mix (add more if needed)

Spread the mixture into a baking dish and top with about 1 1/4 cups of shredded cheese of your choice.

The thicker it is in a baking dish, the longer it will take to heat up.


Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes (30 if it is thicker).  Serve with tortilla dipping chips or any dipping food of your choice.


I have not cut the recipe in half, as it goes quickly around here, but I think it would be just as good with one can of beans of your choice.  You could also use homemade beans, homemade sour cream, or homemade cream cheese in this.  

If you don't have homemade dry taco mix, use one packet of store brand instead.

Hot Bean Dip  © May 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

I will pass, I don't like dips and this doesn't appeal to me
Jackie said…
Thanks for sharing.

God bless.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart