Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, May 10, 2024

Early May Blooms


Dianthis


I forgot what these are called.  I think it's called Alpine Columbine.


Tulips still in bloom.



Sage starting to bloom.


A dwarf variety of phlox.


Chives

 
We have a lot of purple blooms this spring, and a few pink, but there is one tiny yellow one too.  Last June I planted some half price rannuculus bulbs.  I planted out of season, and hoped for a few blooms.  

We planted a few blue delphiniums, but so far I do no see any blooms yet.  I'm hoping they survived winter, but I did lose a few dianthis that I had for several years.  I also have one blue bell type flower, that I have had for about 15-16 years.  I am hoping it also survived this past winter.  

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Definitely a columbine. Love them and have lots in my perennial bed. However, while they are growing no blooming as of yet.

God bless.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Jackie

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

So many pretty flowers

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful blooms! Happy Mother's Day!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jo-Anne's Ramblings, yes, but I do need more colors ha ha! Looks like all purple right now.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Far Side of Fifty, thanks!