Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Hot Weather ~ Chit Chat

 




We have all been shocked at having several days of 80-90 degree weather in May.  Tuesday morning was much more doable for outside work, but only early in the day.  I managed to get the rest of the flowers planted, and dumped 10 bags of mulch, but we will need more.   


We've been eating easy breakfast meals and salads for the last few days.  The hot weather is the reason.  Breakfast is pumpkin oatmeal bake (with our home grown pumpkin), and  scrambled farm fresh eggs.





I treated the chickens to some home grown sprouts ( I use a sprout jar system, but you can do this in any quart canning jar with a screen top), and boy were they excited about it.  I have since then, restocked their meal worms.




Crazy as it sounds for such hot weather, but I finally finished this scrap yarn lap afghan.







4 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

We are in for a warm day, I hope it is

Jackie said...

I do a great deal of knitting during the summer months as I like to keep my hands busy of an evening.

God bless.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jo-Anne's Ramblings, are weather is very hot for May weather.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie, I guess I would be too, if we had the AC on. We don't, as May weather is typically not this hot.