Skip to main content

Lemon Facial Toner ~ Butterfly Pea Flower Tea? ~ Weeding



I am trying a new facial toner to use at bedtime.  It's made with real lemon juice.  In the past, I have made one with rose petals.  I do have yet one more new recipe to try, but it uses a flower I would have to buy.  I'm on the fence with trying it yet.


Question for tea drinkers?  Has anyone tried butterfly pea flower tea?  Any benefits of drinking it?  Good sources to purchase the dried flowers for tea making?  

Question for those who crochet - what's the best beginner crochet kit for someone who wants to learn?  I have all the supplies, but I thought a kit would be a great way to teach the basics and actually make something too.  I see Knit Picks has kits, but wondered if any of you had suggestions.  I have another person asking me to teach them.

Or....if you have a book suggestion, and then I can put together the yarn and hook for the person, that would be great too.  I learned from my Mom, so have no "how to crochet" beginner books here.


(One of many books)

I have a bunch of library books to look at yet.  I have just been putting it off, as I'm exhausted at the end of the day.  I flipped through a few of them, and that's about it. 


The song "with a little help from my friends" comes to mind on a daily basis here lately (ha ha!).

I was gifted these garden knee pads by one of the kids.  I've used them once already, and love them.

I am back to weeding, but have only had one full, good day of it.  The weather is whacky for us again.  It goes from storm weather, to rain, to cold and windy, and so forth.  I have purchased disposable covers to put over my medical boot to keep it clean and dry.  It works for now.

 I have not meant to turn my blog into a "recipe" blog, but with everything I do, taking 5 times the amount of time to get done, there hasn't been much to post about.  I don't think you'd enjoy me prattling on about how I managed to get myself to my dental cleaning, and survived the long walk to get in and out of the place.  It's always busy, and the parking lot is always full.  I was actually late, but they smiled as they saw me hobbledehoy into the office (see, I'm prattling on...).



Having said it takes me longer to get things done, I have had little time to read or to crochet, but I have added a few more rows to the current baby blanket. 


I have also finished another baby washcloth (using discontinued thin cotton yarn).  


Comments

Your crochet work is lovely. Do you make things for specific people or keep them to give as gifts. Either way-lucky recipients.
Irene said…
Butterfly pea seeds were sold at Rareseeds ( Baker creek). I have made the tea, its very plain to me. No flavor, pretty color and I dont know about health benifits,sorry
Anne in the Kitchen, I used to sell my stuff at a Farmer's Market monthy all summer, along with homemade goat's milk soap, and jams. We quit doing that when we got rid of the dairy goats. Then I would do 2 or 3 craft shows at the holidays. Last year was the last, due to lack of support and sales, and so much work (and higher yarn prices). Now I am using yarn I have already, and donating items where needed, when I have the time.
Irene, I did see they sold the seeds, but I need to also see what temperatures it requires and if it's worth it. I do see it grows in vines. I read somewhere it was best to drink at night for a better sleep.
Just dropped by to check things out and nothing comes to mind in way of a comment but I was here
Jo-Anne's Ramblings, thanks for dropping in to read my blog.
I would hake my own kit with a hook and cotton yarn and the instructions for a dish cloth using a single crochet. It would be a great practice piece:)
Far Side of Fifty, thanks. I am on the hunt for a beginner book for her too. I know I have hooks and yarn, but it's upstairs right now. I can't get up there until the doctor gives me the okay. Great idea for the dishcloth too. Goodness, I should give classes for people, if people keep asking me ha ha!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart