Skip to main content

Homemade Butterfly Pea Flower Facial Toner

 I decided, after doing some research, to buy butterfly pea flowers (instead of growing them).  Everything I read stated they prefer a very hot season, and otherwise, do not produce enough flowers.  I have been intrigued to try the tea with them too.


Here is the witch hazel after 24 hours, after infusing it with a few flowers.  Very pretty right?   I started using it on May 19th.

Do I like it?  It's only been a few days, but feels great after a washing my face, after a hot day of work outside.  My face feels great in the morning too.  I'll continue to use it and update after a few months.  I did do a test on my arm first, to make sure I would not have any reaction to it first.

The recipe is online with a free printable page - Mommypotamus, DIY Butterfly Pea Flower Skin Toner.

I included the link on this post, as she has a lot of other DIY recipes and how-to's.

 


It's just infused witch hazel (organic, double distilled), infused with the butterfly pea flowers, and a bit of glycerin.  I stored mine in amber bottles, so I could keep it in the bathroom.  I found that if it's a toner, that has to be refrigerated, I forget all about using it.  

The flower is said to have a lot of health benefits as a tea, and benefits in skin care too.  I believe the online recipe states the benefits, but if not, you can always google it.  I could not find any information in any of my herbal books.

Homemade Butterfly Pea Flower Facial Toner © May 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Not something I have heard of before
Jo-Anne's Ramblings, I am just now learning about it.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart