Skip to main content

Maple-Walnut Butter


A few months ago, Hubby and I were gifted with a few bags of homegrown, local, English Walnuts.  We cracked them all, and froze them.  I decided to make a butter spread with them.

Although I still have a bit of congestion and cough, I got up early and made the family French Toast for breakfast.  The butter is now "kid" tested, and approved.  I'm looking for more ways to sneak the nutrition of walnuts into our diet.  

A few years ago, I gifted my family Cinnamon Honey Butter, and it won over well.  This butter is another healthy, homemade gift idea. Here is the recipe:

Maple-Walnut Butter

1/2 cup organic butter 
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/4 cup pure maple syrup

optional:  1/4 tsp. cinnamon
(I put cinnamon in my eggs, so I don't add it to my butter)

Stir all ingredients together in a small bowl until well blended.  Refrigerate until ready to use.  

Yield:  Makes 1 1/4 cups.

Comments

Gayle said…
I can't wait to try this.....Thanks!
Hi Kristina
this sounds delicious. I bet it would be great on a bagel.
I'm curious when you say 'organic butter'...could you just make my own butter with cream (I know it has to be grass fed, etc to be organic)
I'm just curious about making fresh cream butter, I guess.
Also, can pecans be substituted for walnuts?
either way, I think this would be wonderful.
Pat
Pat, you could use any "real" butter for this, and yes I bet pecans would be good too. I used walnuts since we have so many of them in the freezer, and they are very healthy.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart