Skip to main content

Camper's Mug Cozy

Remember when I was telling you all about how I stopped to crochet, right in the middle of cleaning up my messes?  Well this is the result.  One completed "project" anyway.  

I ended up not using a pattern (not all mugs are the same size as all the printed patterns are for), and made my own for these camping mugs.  I did not want to mess with sewing buttons on, so I simply single crocheted 12, double crocheted into the 3rd chain, counting that as the first chain in each row, and dc across.  I measured about 10 inches, before finishing off, then simply sewed ends together (just enough to secure a hole for the handle of the mug).  




These slide right on to our camping mugs, and now everyone has their own color, so we can keep the mugs straight, and not have to wash so many when camping. 

Now I must get back to work.   Yesterday, I stayed on target, and made a 5 gallon bucket of laundry detergent, put laundry on the clothesline, made a double batch of homemade ginger ale, boiled eggs for snacking, and made out a grocery list for the weekend. 

Today, I have to get two crock pots going, and bake some buttermilk cornbread.  Yesterday was a terrible laundry day for drying outside.  Today, the weather is much better.  Other than cooking/baking and some cleaning up, I don't have any pertinent work (on the list) today. I just have to hope and pray that I don't run across a project that causes me to stray off course.  

It's Friday, and the chimney folks never called me once yet.  I have a feeling that they will call today, since the weather is better to get up on the roof.  If not, I will have to pay dearly, to call a third chimney sweep (for the inspection), and even then I'm not sure they will travel this far.  

And you know it's getting colder, when you wake up to find a cat buried under your blankets, all nice and warm, and cozied up.

Comments

Beansieleigh said…
Love your mug cozies, and great idea to keep track of who's is who's!.. Had to laugh and straying off course. I do that ALL THE TIME! (0; But I'd like to get a little baking done this weekend too, and I have some major room-rearranging going on right now; so this weekend will absolutely FLY by in a blur, I'm sure, but the accomplishment will feel good, I hope!.. Have a great weekend! ~tina
Mama Pea said…
What a clever idea those mug holders are. Wish I had a creative mind like you do!
Willow said…
This is so cute. What a great idea !
RB said…
What a great idea, and so simple too! Not only keeps liquids warm longer, but is washable and protects your furniture, and if done in different colors, would be easy to keep track of which drink belongs to whom too.

God bless.

RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart