Skip to main content

Fall Camping Trip


I'm excited to say, that we got another fall camping trip in this year.  Hubby and I decided to camp the first night by ourselves.  Woot!  Oh, we needed the time alone.  It was a relaxing, romantic, camping date night.  And surprisingly, I did not take my camera this time.

The second night we picked up a few stragglers - 2 kiddos. 

Although it had rained a bit, we relaxed in the camper, reading, knitting, drawing, one kiddo doing school homework, and chatting.  After the rain stopped we started up the fire, and had more fun with s'mores and such.


The nights got down to the 40's, and even so, we hunkered in for the weekend, and enjoyed what may be our last camping trip this season.  

This time I baked homemade buttermilk cornbread, and some chili (in anticipation for rain and lack of a campfire), ahead of time.  

One funny to share - our awning had not been at a correct slant to drain off the rain and filled with water.  I started to move the legs, and he said, "no I will get it."  Well, he got it all right.  Ha ha ha ha!  He was in slippers and was standing under it.  He let the water off and "wooooosh!"  Off it went, soaking his feet.  When I ran around the truck to see, he was hopping on one foot and one slipper remained alone, flooded with rain water.  It was mighty cold water too.  He proceeded to say, "I guess I shouldn't have done that" in a very calm voice.  Which I responded (along with the girls) with a round of laughter and almost pee'd my pants.  Good think he had extra socks. Ha ha ha ha!   Ah, I guess you had to be there.

The weather was very nice on Sunday, so I was able to wash all the camper bedding, and dry it completely.  

Rain is in the forecast today, so I plan to pop the camper back up later this week, sweep it out, and restock the linens.

Comments

Willow said…
Don't you just love camping. We didn't get in as much as we usually do. Good for you getting in some Fall camp time.
Sam I Am...... said…
Glad you were able to camp one more time as I feel Winter is closing in early everywhere this year.
RB said…
I so admire people who can "camp". The closest I ever get to camping nowadays is leaving my blow dryer at home. I guess that's because Marine Corp boot camp back in 1969 was enough "camping" to last me for the rest of my lifetime. LOL

God bless.

RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart