Skip to main content

Homemade "Lime-Away"


I wanted to share, that I have made and used the homemade "lime-away" recipe that Nancy shared over at A Rural Farm.  Thank you Candy for telling me about it.  It's awesome.  There are three simple ingredients - vinegar, lemon juice and dish detergent.  We have well-water, and even though we have a salt softener tank, we get build up.

The kids are responsible for one bathroom, and I the other.  My shower is tile, and my homemade tile/grout cleaner does the job very well.  However, over in the other bathroom, the shower is a stand-up version, and a cheap one at that.

I sprayed it down, and cleared a spot clean.  I waited for the kids to come home and showed them.  The response?

"That really comes off?" 

Sigh...

"Yes kids, that really comes off." 

Now they have no excuses.

Recipe:
Fill a spray bottle half-full with white vinegar; add 1/4 cup lemon juice, then fill the bottle the rest of the way with dish detergent.  Shake well then spray on and leave for about 30 minutes, then wipe off.

Comments

Unknown said…
That link (to the lime-away recipe from Nancy at A Rural Farm) doesn't work anymore - could you send the recipe to gcperez2175@gmail.com? Thanks!
Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart