Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, September 25, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday

We woke up to a bit of rain, which was not in the forecast.  I am thankful for that, as the bell peppers are still producing, and the vines on the spaghetti squash are still producing more squash.

I have 90 drafts on my blog right now.  Sheesh.  I believe I will try and clean those up, or write them, on the next rainy day.  I still need to read my emails.  

I had a saved glass jar, so I made a jar of homemade taco seasoning for one of the kids.  We had them over for dinner recently, and her boyfriend loved the taco seasoning in the chicken quesadillas we made.  I buy most of my organic ingredients bulk, so they were gifted a jar.




I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  


The weather . . .

We are in the 70's all week with rain about 3 days this week too.


As I look outside my window . . .

It's still pitch dark.


Right now I am . . .

Sipping coffee and getting this post up.


Thinking and pondering . . .

Work on the chicken coop is hit or miss around here. My husband was sick Sunday.  I am wondering what day we'll go get more supplies to finish it.

I'm thinking about making a list of medical supplies. I want us to be stocked up for winter, and when I last shopped I could not find everything we needed at one store.

One store sells water-cress, and the leaves were all brown and looked terrible.  Check your expiration dates too.  Stores don't care anymore.  They had cottage cheese that has expired a month ago in their case.  So many things are just being sold old.


Listening to . . .

Country music in the kitchen, but about to put on work out music.


How I am feeling . . .

Tired.  


On the breakfast plate . . .

Leftover breakfast casserole.  Just something I threw together.


On the lunch plate . . .

Have no idea yet.


On the dinner plate . . .

I think I will make the sheet pan dinner tonight.


What I am wearing . . . 

Still in jammies.


On the reading pile . . .

Nothing currently.  


On the TV . . .

Movies on netflix.


On the menu . . .

-Chili
-Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
-Sheet pan dinner (Sweet potatoes, chickpeas, broccoli, and red onion)

Looking around the house . . .

I am still trying to get order back.  I have one kitchen counter that is driving me nuts.  It's on the list for this week.  Everything needs to find their home again.


To do list . . .

-make homemade granola
-make homemade granola bars (these two are for the week, as I need to grocery shop for some ingredients)
-start a jar of garlic/honey
-laundry
-check garden for more bell peppers/hot peppers
-bake a breakfast  (something with our apples perhaps)
-make banana muffins (sugar free, flour free)
-work on upstairs floor in spare room

From the camera . . .


Devotional, thoughts, prayers . . .

Update on our friend's daughter who had a brain bleed.  She is up and sitting in a chair, and is able to run the TV remote with one hand.  So far, the progress reports are coming in good.  thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and good mojo!

4 comments:

Luludou said...

Hope your husband feels better. I too need to get my 'flu & cold' basket ready for the season. Have a great week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Luludou, I need to get some new four thieves vinegar brewing. I am late in doing that, but he still feels under the weather.

Jean said...

I was just thinking I need to sort out our medicine cabinet, thank you for the reminder. Hope your husband feels better & that you have a great week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Jean, he's starting to feel slightly better.