Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, September 29, 2023

Sick

 Everyone at my husband's work is sick.  My husband doesn't have a fever, so he goes to work not feeling well.  That is the problem with sickness.  Now it has spread to me despite keeping things clean, and hand washing around here.

I didn't even have the energy to let the chickens out.  Literally.  I slept in late.  I did not work out of course.  

I sipped a hot cup of yarrow tea.  Funny how I had just put some in the dehydrator too.  

I'll be back when I'm feeling better.  I hope to have the energy to make some homemade ginger-ale today.

1 comment:

chipmunk said...

Hope you get well quickly. Being sick really takes the wind out of your sails, doesn't it?
I had the flu last week, and realized that getting the homestead-type chores done was going to be a problem if I ever have an extended illness (don't think I can talk anyone else into cleaning the quail cages...). Managed to get things done in 5-10 minute increments, with 15-30 minute rests in between. Not fun.