Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Coasters (Scrap Yarn Project) ~ Garden

 

Here is a close up of the zig zag coasters.  I love the edging.  I didn't realize it, but it's basically, almost the same pattern as the facial scrubbies, only a different edging.  So....I learned a new edging this year.  I found the pattern on Youtube.  These are my current on-the-go travel project, to use up small scraps of cotton yarn.  

Monday was a holiday, so I was able to enjoy the day with my husband home.  The potluck day put me behind with everything, from housework, to the garden to canning.  I finally got the latest canning labeled and put away.

First thing, I checked the garden.  We are in a dry spell right now, so I am trying to decide if we have enough "sauce" related items canned, and if we can yank the paste tomato plants.  I still have some in the house to can yet too.

Has anyone grown a hot pepper plant, or bell pepper plant inside over winter?  



  

2 comments:

Carol said...

I love the coasters. I took a lazy weekend and I am playing catch up today. I did can some diced tomatoes over the weekend.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Carol. I need to get a break from our tomatoes ha ha!