Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, May 8, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday

 

We had wonderful weather over the weekend, other than thunderstorms Sunday morning.  I've started to do the plant "shuffle" so they are acclimated to the outdoors prior to planting in the garden.  We are still working on garden fencing, and fixing the truck.

I picked a handful of asparagus, and we should be enjoying it in a few more days for dinner.  



Today I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

The weather . . .

Cloudy, 60's and more rain.  They are predicting rain all weekend, so if I want peas planted, I need to do it between this rain and the weekend rain (or not at all).  It's getting late for peas here.


As I look outside my window . . .

It's cloudy, and looks like rain.


Right now I am . . .

Making a second pot of coffee.


Thinking and pondering . . .

Just a lot going on between weather and garden.


How I am feeling . . . 

Tired, but so glad I did a super tidy/clean up before we left for the weekend.


On the breakfast plate . . .

Not sure yet.  I have to make it ha ha!


What I am wearing . . .

Jammies.  Just starting out my morning right now.


On my reading pile . . .

I'm still reading Atomic Habits.  By the way, it's not a good book to take on a car ride, ha ha!  I going to have to start another book and rotate them.  This book is good, but it's as interesting as a good fiction book.


On my TV . . .

A Man Called Otto


On the menu . . .

I completely forgot about planning a menu this week!

-Tacos
-Crock pot pork chops, rice or quinoa, and roasted brussel sprouts or asparagus from the garden
-walleye or perch, homemade fries 
-leftovers


Looking around the house . . .

It's getting there.  I should have the upstairs larger room flooring painted by the end of the week.  Downstairs is looking much better.  I still have a few boxes to sort, and the truck is still full of donations to deliver.  I need to start on the front porch again soon.  We purchased flowers for the hanging baskets, and they need put up yet.


On the to-do list . . .

-laundry
-unload dishwasher
-bake a breakfast for a few days
-make egg salad
-get plant hangers from storage and put flowers in them
-get dog kennel from storage for chicks/start acclimating them with the adult hens
-set plants out today
-put last of the smaller fencing around asparagus and toss in straw

For the week:
-start weeding herb garden and larger rose bed
-completely clean out one kitchen cupboard/purge and sanitize and add shelf liner


What I am creating . . .

Finally put this pair together.


Newest road trip/porch project - square doilies for living room lamps.  I almost have the first one done.


Still working on this blanket.  It's in a project basket for now.  In case you missed the post, you can find the pattern links for this:  HERE.


Simple pleasure. . .

Painting my toenails with nail polish.  I actually bought a pair of flip-flop slippers for this summer too.  I don't do this often, so when I do, it is a treat (using chemical free polish).


From the camera . . .

(we did some easy hiking over the weekend)

Devotional, Prayers . . .
So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! 13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tested beyond what you can bear. But when you are tested, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it” (1 Corinthians 10.12-13, NIV)



10 comments:

Elisha said...

The earrings are lovely. Such a pretty green. The verses you shared are also a wonderful encouragement for the start of a new week. Have a lovely week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Elisha, thank you!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

I would love some of your fresh asparagus. 😍 have a great week

Joanna Unbehaun said...

Those earrings are beautiful! What's your favorite way to cook quinoa and what do you typically serve with it?

Luludou said...

Was great to read your post and follow your renovating adventures. Enjoy your week

Stacy said...

I picked up Atomic Habits awhile back and haven't gotten around to reading it yet! I will have to pick it up! I love your waterfall photo! I love to go on easy hikes! I hope you have a wonderful week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Lisa, fresh homegrown is the best.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Joanna, I like to cook my quinoa with broth vs. water, and sometimes we add garlic or other herbs too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Luludou

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Stacy, I have been trying to read a few pages a day, but garden season is about to kick in here. I am hoping to finish the book soon.