Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Getting more organized!

 One of the recent boxes to go through contained our DVD's.  We don't have a lot, but enough that it needed organized somewhere.  I was previously on a bookshelf in the closet. 


(carry handles)


Now they are in a zipper, dust free, viewable carry case that is stored up on a shelf in the closet.  They are out of sight, organized in one place, I don't have to dust anything but the carry case, and we can see the movie titles easily.  I had to order this online.  I could not find it in stores.


I bought these strong magnets at Menard's with the intention to put them on the grill, but I found a good use for them.  

I have metal shelving in my kitchen for jugs of water, vinegar etc.  I had been using S hooks, but they kept falling off.  These magnets hold my strainers wonderfully.  I am guessing you could find them in the summer grilling supply section in most stores.  These magnets are stronger than the hook magnets intended for refrigerators.


I bought this for the smaller bathroom.  Great for small places, and holds both cotton balls and Q-tips in the center.  Sorry if this one is a repeat.  I could not remember if I shared this one or not.  I tried to collect items to make this myself (gluing the smaller one inside the canister), but it ended up less expensive to buy it as is.






I also purchased a package of smaller zipper storage bags.  I did not like the ones sold at the dollar stores, so these were found online.  They are also the perfect size for my crocheted baby blankets.  Anyway, the initial purpose is to store bedding and pillow cases for our bed and eventually for the spare bed upstairs.

We are also moving the ironing board and iron, along with the holder we have mounted on the wall, to the bedroom closet.  It makes more sense.  There is an outlet easy to get to, we can store it on the wall, and easily take it down to iron any clothing, right in the closet.  Sometimes, just moving something makes the job go much smoother.

No comments: