Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Better Weather Day Finally! Blogger Question!!

 I've been busy with errands, dental appt. and what not.  I finally got an appointment booked with Daughter E for a hair cut soon.   I cleaned out the refrigerator, and got towels washed.

What I need to be doing is locating a new resource for straw.  It's been added to the to-do list.  


There is light at the end of the purge/extreme clean tunnel.  Everything that has made the "cut" to go back into the closet, or upstairs, or elsewhere, is being put in containers with lids, and labeled.  Luckily, I'm emptying totes, so I haven't had to buy new ones.

One bin (storage bin with no lid) contained new flour sack towels.  The bin has been given away to one of the kids, and the towels washed and dried.  I found 17 towels (two sizes) and 6 cloth napkins.  When a certain store put them on clearance, I went to all the stores in the area and stocked up on them.

Back in 2014 I cleaned and found the napkins and embroidered cute camping designs on them.  So cute, that we can't get ourselves to use them in the camper.  Seriously.  We take them every year, and every year we use paper towels.  You can see the designs on this blogpost.

Anyway, that pile is all folded up, and awaiting a container.  I keep them on hand to embroider for gift giving and for ourselves, but I am putting a few in the kitchen drawer (un-embroidered), as I use them often, and I have no time to fancy them up right now.  The cloth napkins will be donated.


I'm trying to be smarter on baking/cooking days.  I whipped up a pound of bacon at once.  We have some for eggs and bacon sandwiches, and for a dinner recipe.


My question - yesterday I replied to a comment and it normally puts my comment right through and onto the post with my photo of our first rooster.  It did not this time.  I had to click on it to approve it and my photo is gone.  

I then did a "test" comment and it went right on the post like normal.  Anyone else having weird things going on with your settings on your blog?

2 comments:

Faith said...

I don't think blogger is doing a good job at keeping up with us. People are not commenting alot there is many hoops to jump through, and annonymous comments are not accepted by alot of blogs, and most of the ones I get are actually people who do follow and just work around the entire comment mess.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Faith, it is just frustrating. I wish they would leave things as there were before all their changes. I don't like the fact we have to change the font after every photo we load too. Now I am getting warnings that my blog may have bad content. Sheesh.