Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, May 5, 2023

Kitchen-ness Day

 First off, I was going to pull up my Hummus recipe on my blog, but I had to dig it out of my recipe box instead.   I'm having issues with blogger.  I have always used the "search" either on the front of the blog or in dashboard for something.  When I search for something now, it brings up blogposts that don't even have the tag I'm searching on them.  I had trouble finding my Hummus recipe for chickpea Hummus on my blog.

So, I'm sharing again.  Not sure where I got the recipe, but it's our favorite.  After a lengthy search....here is the recipe for Hummus (click on the one below).

Hummus




New Recipes Tried:




Low Carb Bacon-Cheeseburger Casserole

Results?  Okay.  Nothing special, and for us, too much cheese (and sodium, as cheese is salty).  Not a keeper.


Epic Burger Sauce




Results?  Oh my gosh delicious!  Keeper!  I linked the recipe in the upper title of the recipe.  The only thing that will be different for us is, that we make our own garlic powder, can our own ketchup, and I canned dill pickles last year, so I used juice from that, and lastly, we make homemade cayenne as well.

I buy organic mayo for this, so it lasts 2 weeks in the fridge, but if you were having a cook out, you could make fresh mayo for this sauce.  We will definitely be taking this on camping trips and summer cookouts.  So good!  I think it would be great to put in a squeeze bottle for cookouts too.

It's great on burgers or for dip for fries/onion rings/baked green bell pepper fries

1 comment:

Hummingbird said...

That burger sauce is basically 1000 Island dressing. Nice because it can be used up on salads.