Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, December 5, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday

 The living room walls are being washed down, and all of the trim has been cleaned as well.  The ceiling has been painted.

I actually found a craft show to sign up for, but after doing calculations on the living room, decided it was a no-go for me.  There is still much to do.






Today I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

The weather. . .

Woke up to 26°F, today  50/26°F


As I look outside my window. . .

It's still dark out.


Right now I am . . .

Brewing more coffee.


Thinking and pondering. . . 

I think baby booties will be on the top of the stock up crafting list for now.  I am also thinking about our upcoming anniversary.  The  living room is the entire issue of what will be getting done. Speaking of that, our handy man made comments to us in such a way, that he was not happy we are painting the living room.  We decided we were not spending any more money on hiring someone, and besides that, we are staying physically active during this cold winter.



How I am feeling . . .

Cold.


Listening to. . .

-radio


On the breakfast plate . . .

-leftovers from yesterday 


What I am wearing . . .

Sweatshirt, sweatpants, zip up jacket, thick socks and slippers


On the reading pile. . .

Nothing right now.


On the TV . . .

Yellowstone


On the menu . . .

-roast, veggies
-leftovers
-have no idea just yet


Looking around the house . . .

We are gaining on the living room, but these cold nights are so stinking cold.  We have no heat source (in that room) until it's completely done, other than using portable propane heaters.  We could fire up the wood stove, but it would be an issue with painting the walls next.  


To do list . . .

-make a breakfast
-get dinner in two crock pots
-dishes
-prime window trim
-laundry


From the camera . . .

I donated this set to our youngest daughter.  It is set up at her salon for a December drawing.  One entry for every service booked with her.  I'm hoping it will draw in new customers for her.  It was filled with some holiday cheer as well.

What I am creating . . .
I'm working on an afghan for our living room.  I also have a scarf in the making, and several other projects on the "stock up" list.


Devotional, Bible Verse . . .

Prayers that our propane fireplace arrives.  It's holding us back, as well as the flooring order (supplies are such a pain to get right now). Continued prayers for Daughter E to get new clients and enough to pay her bills.



4 comments:

Sherry Jolly said...

I hope your fireplace comes quick! Colder weather is coming! I love the crocheted set! I really need to learn to do that someday soon! Hope you are having an amazing week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Sherry Jolly, the whole room re-do was because the floor was caving in by the hearth, so we literally found little surprises as the carpet was removed. Crochet is easy to learn. If you get a standard H hook and some worsted weight yarn, you could easily learn using Youtube videos. You can stop and start to learn as you go. Have a great week.

Sandra said...

Oh my friend, you definitely need that heat working, especially with those 20s temperature.

Love your crochet projects, you always have some wonderful ones going.

Hope you're having a blessed week so far. ♥

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Sandra