Skip to main content

Sunrise ~ This and That

 



I took these photos of the sunrise yesterday.  There won't be many left to view as winter is rolling in.  So beautiful.





This is what the view from the porch looks like this morning.  Foggy and raining today.  No sunny sky today.

I got so side tracked on my to-do list.  I started in the living room, but realized I need a taller ladder, so that was brought in.  I took more yarn back upstairs, but brought more down, and completely got off track with the living room.  I did however, put a roast in the crock pot, so tonight it's easy leftovers.

We are so frustrated with ordering supplies for the living room.  The delivery date on our heater (fireplace) was Nov. 30th.  We've called two times, and each time they say they'll send an email to get more information on why it's not been shipped yet (and they never followed up/called us back).  I have brought in our small electric heaters we used to use in the pop-up camper.  It's taking the chill out and heating up the room for painting (for now).

Our flooring should be in by the end of the week, but we need the gas line hooked up before we can put that down.  Just a lot of "ugh" moments.

The nail polish ornaments got hangers attached, and were delivered to the salon.  I hope to sell them, as it feels so depressing not to participate in a craft show this year.

The chickens are not liking this weather, but are let out every day so far.  The egg laying is definitely on the slow-down.  I'm still trying to convince my husband to let me get a donkey.  We are him-hawing on putting some sort of meat animal in the barn (in the future).

I used to pick up note paper at the dollar store for my daily lists, but have not seen it there lately, and I am running low.  I still cannot get into my office.  I found one notebook to use for now, so I am hoping to stay on track today.

It sure doesn't feel like Christmas in our house.  We are hoping to have a tree up before Christmas, but with all the things slowing us down, I'm not sure that will even happen.

Daughter K is sick.  I felt bad that she is so far away, and had to care for her dogs while sick.  We called to check in on her last night.  Today I will send her my recipe for homemade ginger-ale, in hopes that her boyfriend will make it for her.



Comments

Susan H said…
We had 3 donkeys some years ago and truly loved them, they were so affectionate but sadly due my husband's health issues we had to say good bye to them.
Debi said…
It was wet and rainy and dreary here today too. No fog though. I hope all of your supplies come in so that you have time to get you living room in order and can put up your tree. You've been thru enough hassles, you shouldn't have to have your Christmas spoiled by it all. Sending prayers your way.
Susan H, so glad to hear the donkeys were loved, and sad to hear they had to go. I heard they are great "watch dogs" for coyotes etc.
Debi, we were just talking about how our house is in such a chaotic mess. We are hoping to have it done before Christmas.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart