Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

This and That

 

I ended up cooking eggs for breakfast, using my English muffin rings.  I cooked bacon as well for sandwiches.

Although upside down, the order has been started, and the one color I needed I found online with Michaels store.  I found a great deal, considering prices - buy 2 get one free, made the skeins $2.99/each (7 oz).  Free shipping.  I had to order yarn for me, so it got me the free shipping, but what a deal.  It's been shipped, so as soon as it arrives, I will continue making it.


Flooring started to go in, but our handyman has a few doctor appts. this week, so it has been slow going.  My house is still a hot mess.  I can't put anything where it needs to go, so I keep telling myself to be patient.

We are being told there is a winter storm coming our way.  It is to arrive before Christmas.  Lovely.  I'm checking freezer supply/pantry supply, paper product supply etc. and making lists.  Just in case.

Our truck gets a new windshield today.  Of course they tell you, that you have to be available from 8am to 5pm.  More loveliness.  I just love those text messages too.  No sir, I do not need new wipers.  Anyway, I'm just glad they come to the house to do it.  We've been thru this before.

I need to remind myself today, that I need to put some things from the flower beds in storage.  I keep forgetting, and every time I go out to get the mail I mentally put it on a list in my head.  Sheesh.

Our youngest daughter is no longer doing nails at the salon. Apparently, it is not producing enough income to pay for the booth rental for nails.  She is still doing hair.  I sure hope she continues to do well.

I will be working on lists today, but mainly writing them ha ha!  I have soooooo much going on right now it's crazy.

No comments: