Skip to main content

Sunrise ~ Sickness

 


We had a beautiful sunrise the other day, and I could not help myself, but to take some photos.  There is still snow on our porch.

I had plans to take our outside Christmas lights down today, but that is not happening.  I have come down with a sickness, and of course all of our covid tests at home have expired.

I'm doing all I can do from home - mullein tea, eucalyptus/oil rub, 4 thieves, humidifier, diffuser, etc etc.  I really want some homemade ginger ale, but I have zero energy to make it.  I feel like someone beat me up, and the cough is horrible.  So far, no fever.

Not sure if I picked it up while out shopping, or have been over doing things here at the house.  I'll be taking a blog break to heal up and get over this, whatever it is.  The weather isn't helping either.  The frigid temps that we just had are now changing to the 50's with rain.


Comments

Carrie A. said…
Newbie here :D
Check the website for your covid test. A lot of the manufacturers have changed the expiration dates.
Leigh said…
Oh Kristina, I'm so sorry to hear you are sick. Sounds horrible! But it also sounds like you are doing all the right things to help your body heal. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Debi said…
My dear friend had the same symptoms that you have and she was diagnosed with RSV. She waited several days before going to the doctor so her recovery has been long. (They told her she should have called or come in right away) She had two regimens of antibiotics and two of steroids and after five weeks she is slowly gaining her strength back. I hope this is not your case and that you have a simple cold that is sapping your strength and you will be feeling better in just a few days. Take good care of yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart