Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, December 8, 2022

This and That

 

These finally arrived, but I have very little time to make them right now.  I have to put this on the to-do list, as I have one tube left and winter is here (lip balm tubes).

The living room is moving along, but it feels like it's taking forever.  We did pick up the gas heater for our alternative heat source for the living room. 

It was nice to be out at dark and see so many beautiful Christmas lights.  I don't think we have been out at dark in a long time recently.



I have been pretty good at making sure I stop working, so that I can take time to decompress/rest.  I am rotating my crocheted blanket with re-stocking baby booties.

It was a tough moment when I dug out the pattern for these.  Mom was my inspiration for just about every thing I made. She was so positive and motivational when it came to making new things, and she always gave me ideas that were great sellers at craft shows.  She would also bring me the best customers.

As I read over my pattern, I realized I forgot to write down my hook size.  Then I realized at that moment I could not call my Mom.  I broke down missing her. 

She is the reason I crochet these booties.  Her friend that worked at the bank with her would gift me booties when my kids were born.  When this special woman could not make them anymore, she gifted me her pattern.

I think I will start a journal, where I have "talks" with Mom, to get me thru this difficult holiday season.  She was the glue that held us all together.  I miss her excitement when she'd call or share a new crochet project for me too.

I still had the gifted baby booties in a storage bin, so I dug one out to examine and start creating.

Thanks for listening to my story....meanwhile my husband is cracking the whip on the work in the living room.  I don't think he realizes how long it takes to paint, prep work, or washing down walls takes.  He will find out this weekend though.

By the way, thank you for all your good thoughts and prayers on the arrival of our heater and flooring.  The flooring is in now and ready to pick up (a day earlier than expected).

2 comments:

Jackie See said...

You are making progress! I think a journal with conversation with your Mom is a great idea. I envy your relationship with your Mom, and I encourage you to continue it in your journal. I started one after my brother died, it helped fill the void in my life after he passed. He was a great listener. You got this girl! ~jackiesee~

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie See, thank you so much for your encouragement.