Skip to main content

This and That

 



To our surprise, guess who showed up?  Yep. Our handyman showed up, took all of the flooring out and started to put it back in.  It is looking so much better though.

Two kiddos came out for a visit.  I made a batch of hummus, and it did not last long.  I'm glad they showed up, as one was needed for some work on the computer.  I had to link up late, as it was doing many updates (see yesterday's post for an update on the living room).

Bad weather is heading our way, and we are down to one vehicle due to broken down parts.  Lovely.  I think I can hitch a ride with one of the kids for groceries this week (so I don't have to do it after dinner). Just to be sure we are stocked up good for a few days.

They are predicting snow, 50 mph winds, possible power outages and more.  I stocked up on extra oil for the oil lamps and wicking as well, so that is off the list.  I do need to fill water jugs for the chickens (just in case).  If the power goes out, we will not have water (pump runs on electric).

Just say a prayer our handyman has the flooring in, and the propane heater hooked up and running before Friday.  It will dip to 5°F.



Comments

R's Rue said…
I hope all goes well. Love to you friend. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart