Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, March 21, 2014

We had Twins Today

One boy.

 One girl.


Sorry for the bad photos.  Both had trouble latching on, and would not nurse.  After about 1 1/2-2 hours they were bottle fed, which daughter had to milk from their Mom.  They weren't too excited about that method either.

Sadie, my oldest daughter's dog, was protecting, and mothering the babies when we brought them inside. Can you see her long tongue giving the girl a good cleaning?  That is just her.  She mothers all babies here.

They are back out with Mom, and more eager to nurse on their own (thankfully). 

In the midst of it all, the power went out for 2 hours.  I'm thankful it's back on and the sun is shining bright right now.  

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Double the cuteness!!!!!
Congratulations!!! Glad they are back with mamma and you have power and sunshine! That's a good day :)

Unknown said...

Congrats, and what a good Mommy dog :)

Cris said...

Today is a day for babies, I think--my first chicks are hatching in the incubator! Congratulations on the new additions to your farm.

GrannyAnnie said...

Awww.... they are so adorable! And love that pic with the dog! I have a tiny kitten right now that one of my dogs keeps "bathing". Animals are so amazing!

Carolyn said...

Congrats on the new kids! I HATE trying to get kids to latch on...some just don't get it. I often wonder if I'm helping or hindering. Although yesterday I didn't help one bit with our new kid and she's drinking like a pro. Makes me wonder if it was just a fluke, if I'm meddling when I shouldn't or if it's just a case-by-case kind of thing.

I wish we had a good Momma Dog like you have!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

You definitely have patience for this sort of thing
Glad they're back with mom
And that Sadieis such a sweet girl.
Hang in there
Pat

Liz said...

Congrats!! They are adorable!

Willow said...

Aww~ congrats on the new kids :)

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

Congratulations! Pretty babies.

EMMA said...

Congratulations! they are so cute, and how sweet is Sadie!!!

Sandra said...

Congratulations!
We are still waiting...