Skip to main content

Sunrise ~ Back to the Vet ~ The Melt



The start of this morning's sunrise was beautiful.  After taking this photo it clouded over and was completely gray outside.  I was thankful to capture the moment to share.

Timmy, our black barn cat, came to the door sick again. This time his face was so full fluid he looked worse than the first time he was sick, and treated.  His eye is almost shut, and his face is swelled with infection.  Son is taking him to the vet for me.   He is so sick that after he gets a drink of water, he goes right back into the dog kennel and lays down vs. trying to go outside.  


Yesterday the temperatures went up to the low 50's, and the snow melted again.  This is the side door to my house, and you can see that there is about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of water where we park the cars.  Sassy wanted to be in the photo too, ha ha!  This morning thankfully, it has dried up.  However, the forecast last night, is calling for lots of heavy snow tomorrow (6-8 inches possible).  

Speaking of wacky weather, Hubby feels my "sickness" is a very bad allergic reaction to slinging hay, and ingesting a load of hay dust in the farmer's barn.  I took an allergy medication last night, and my cough diminished almost completely.  I can only hope he is right, and I can kick this quickly.

Comments

Kelly said…
Glad you are feeling better. Boo to the snow. We have sunshine and 85* today. Tomorrow is another story, it's getting cold again but today is gorgeous. Hope you and your sick kitty get healed up :)
Liz said…
Hope your hubby is right! Poor kitty! Your parking are sure looks like ours. Darn snow storms, when will they end?
Candy C. said…
I'm glad you caught that sunrise too, it's beautiful! :)
My hubby sometimes wears a household dust mask to help with his allergies, it does help him.
Michelle said…
THANK YOU so much for the letter and the book. It will not be re-gifted. I can't wait to start it. I really enjoyed getting a letter it is almost a lost art. I will be sending one your way shortly. Thank again it made my day.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart