Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, March 17, 2014

Sunday Sunset ~ Tidbits

I watched a beautiful sunset Sunday evening.


 It had a brilliant pink hue across the sky.



I am continuing to extreme clean and re-organize.
Hubby is thrilled.
It's kind of sad to get rid of all the crafting supplies that my kids used as very young kids, but yet I still have supplies for them as older kids too.  We may have moved from crayons to sharpie markers, but we all still create.

Actually, that is a fib, we still have crayons (ha ha!). I am spending many hours purging, dusting, donating, and tossing.

Those who really know me, know that this is a lot of "stuff" to go through.  When my kids were very young, I had an arsenal of art/craft items for them.  Correction - I still have it.  If a puzzle lost pieces, I saved it for any type of puzzle art, including making fridge magnets and Christmas ornaments.

Several items have already been donated to a local library, for their children's program, and I have yet more to donate.

At one time, I was a craft coordinator for MOPS (Mother's of Preschooler's).  I still have stuff from that, that I didn't know I even still had.  Those are being donated too.

Several boxes of books (from my homeschooling days) went to a local thrift store.

It was a long, busy weekend for us.  Last night, I found it kind of comical to look out the door and see the biggest raccoon I have seen yet, eating the cat food.  In the midst of replacing truck brakes and getting new tires, and un-wiring our microwave that was a fire hazard (turning off and on by itself, buzzing and smelling of "heat"), we forgot to set the traps.  There to the left, about 2 feet from that raccoon, sat two traps.  I guess I better get them set today.

Daughter is now putting Peanut in the birthing stall, and awaiting her babies.  Her actual due date is this Friday.  My daughter has already bookmarked the websites for me to re-read, so I can be ready if Peanut has them when daughter is in school.

1 comment:

Willow said...

That is a beautiful sunset ~
love the photo and the rustic barn
~ beautiful !