Skip to main content

Sunday Sunset ~ Tidbits

I watched a beautiful sunset Sunday evening.


 It had a brilliant pink hue across the sky.



I am continuing to extreme clean and re-organize.
Hubby is thrilled.
It's kind of sad to get rid of all the crafting supplies that my kids used as very young kids, but yet I still have supplies for them as older kids too.  We may have moved from crayons to sharpie markers, but we all still create.

Actually, that is a fib, we still have crayons (ha ha!). I am spending many hours purging, dusting, donating, and tossing.

Those who really know me, know that this is a lot of "stuff" to go through.  When my kids were very young, I had an arsenal of art/craft items for them.  Correction - I still have it.  If a puzzle lost pieces, I saved it for any type of puzzle art, including making fridge magnets and Christmas ornaments.

Several items have already been donated to a local library, for their children's program, and I have yet more to donate.

At one time, I was a craft coordinator for MOPS (Mother's of Preschooler's).  I still have stuff from that, that I didn't know I even still had.  Those are being donated too.

Several boxes of books (from my homeschooling days) went to a local thrift store.

It was a long, busy weekend for us.  Last night, I found it kind of comical to look out the door and see the biggest raccoon I have seen yet, eating the cat food.  In the midst of replacing truck brakes and getting new tires, and un-wiring our microwave that was a fire hazard (turning off and on by itself, buzzing and smelling of "heat"), we forgot to set the traps.  There to the left, about 2 feet from that raccoon, sat two traps.  I guess I better get them set today.

Daughter is now putting Peanut in the birthing stall, and awaiting her babies.  Her actual due date is this Friday.  My daughter has already bookmarked the websites for me to re-read, so I can be ready if Peanut has them when daughter is in school.

Comments

Willow said…
That is a beautiful sunset ~
love the photo and the rustic barn
~ beautiful !

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart