Skip to main content

Discombobulated



Have you ever felt discombobulated when your routine is abruptly changed?  I do.  It throws off my thinking, activities or chores, for the entire day.  It forces me to be a different "me" for the day.  It forces me to be more creative.

In any event, I deep cleaned my living room, thankful to have electricity.  After 3 hours of that, the hot water finally kicked on.  Thankful for that, I got my exercise in and a nice hot shower.

Although I went through my day feeling like I was doing everything backwards, it all worked out.  I just felt discombobulated without my morning routine. 


 "I like that feeling of discombobulation that comes in creating an absurd world that doesn't make sense. 'Monty Python' does a good job of it; 'Bugs Bunny,' too."
~ Reggie Watts


Update on the accident victims:  Hubby's grand niece was released without any injuries.  The passenger was life-flighted to another hospital - broken leg, pelvis, hip, and collar bone.  She already had one surgery and I think the next is Thursday.

Update on homemade creamed soups:  I did freeze some homemade cream of mushroom soup.  I thawed some yesterday and baked scalloped potatoes and ham with it.  Delicious!

 Update on the pellet stove:  part is ordered ($137.00) and should be delivered today. Yay! 

Today I am thankful for:
~ hazelnut coffee, mmmm!
~ split seasoned wood on the porch
~ time today to spend writing (big Yay!)
~ back to exercise (need to shed another 25 lbs.)
~  getting my craft supplies moved out of my bedroom (this may take time, but thrilled it's happening)
~ my humidifier
~ my crock pot (easy cooking)
~ God's Word of Truth
~ postage stamps
~ God's Mercy
 



Comments

Kim said…
Happy news on the neice. Prayers for the passenger. I am glad you got water back on. And my fingers are crossed that the auger comes today and hubs has time to put it on. Hope you have fun with your writing today. I am wanting to get out the paint brushes so bad, so I know how you feel.I have never froze my soup mix. I always just reconstitute it as I need it.
Liz said…
Thanks for updating us on everyones condition. Prayers for them!

That is my word ever since we have moved! UGH! I just can't get into a routine.
EMMA said…
Just learnt a new word - doubt if I'll ever be able to spell it.
Glad to hear your niece is doing ok.
RB said…
Prayers for your niece and the injured passenger.

Being retired, I don't have much of a morning routine other than a cuppa jo and a couple of pieces of toast, so changes don't usually affect me much anymore.

About the only thing that might discombobulate me a bit is if I'm planning for a day of rest, and someone else plans something else for me while waiting until the last minute to tell me.

God bless.

RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart