Skip to main content

Snow Storm ~ Allergies

Well, the weatherman was correct.  We woke up to snowing and blowing, but that was after the rain came.  School was closed.  It is to snow all day today also.


Sickness or allergies?  That is the question.  I was so sick Monday that I was back in my jammies by noon.  I'm not kidding.  I felt so much fatique, but my horrible cough kept me from resting.  I had a headache that felt like the beginning of a migraine.   I had no voice, and when I tried to call my chickens (getting too close to the road) they sat and stared.  They probably thought they were hearing another chicken squawk.
Hubby was right.  It was my allergies.  In a bad way.  The barn where we purchased the hay was horribly filled with hay dust, and my clothes were covered, my boots were covered in it, and so forth.  I think I was right when I said I had hay "up my nose."  I should have been smarter and lathered on my Hay Max (or a mask) before leaving, but never gave it a thought.  I did take allergy medication, and some of my symptoms are not so bad, and my cough is almost gone completely.  Live and learn.

Timmy's vet bill was $72.00 this time.  Last time it was $35.00.  He is now getting eye drops as well as another medication.  He seems to feel much better already.  I sure hope this is the last time we have to take him to the vet.

Today is a good day to curl up with a good book by the fire.


Comments

Kim said…
Bummer on the snow but it does give you a reason to chill out.
Kelly said…
Hope this snow day allows you to rest and get well :)
Michelle said…
We don't have snow but the wind here will knock you off your feet.
SUSSEXMOUSE said…
Oh no ! I thought Spring had sprung. If you have snow in America we often get it shortly after in the UK. I wish Timmy a speedy recovery. Our Neighbours have chickens. I found a box of fresh eggs on our doorstep this morning. They taste so much better than Supermarket ones. Take care now. Marion x
Sam I Am...... said…
You poor dear....what a winter you've had with it all...weather, illness, frozen pipes, animals sick...I think you have it all out of the way now so you will have a great rest of the year!
Candy C. said…
I'm glad your allergies are a little better. The snow day will give you a chance to rest up and let your body heal some more.
Mama Pea said…
You folks are having one heckuva winter! And talk about a bad allergy attack! Whoa, girl, you've got to take better care of yourself when being around situations that could harm you. As sick as you've been, well, that's just not good. Takes too much of your energy when you could be doing something enjoyable. Let alone all the myriad of things that NEED to be done in a day's time. Hope you can get rid of all your symptoms soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart