One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Christmas Homemade ~ 2015


You finally get to see it.  We had our very last Christmas-family gathering yesterday.

Here is what I gifted this year for Christmas. 
1/2 pint jars of home canned sweet pickle relish
4 oz jars of home canned Queen Anne's Lace Jelly 



Mom received a set 

 



of 4 pink cup coasters (crocheted in 100% cotton yarn) and a triple heart bookmark as well.



Some received crocheted dish scrubbies. 








Various embroidered flour sack towels were gifted.





A crocheted edging that I attached to a hand towel for another person. 

A packet of zinnia flower seeds from my flower garden.

 I gifted my Uncle a hand crocheted flip-flop dishcloth.  It can be used to place a cell phone on, dishcloth or washcloth.



10 comments:

Mama Pea said...

What a lot of thought, effort and love went into those homemade Christmas gifts! AND a lot of your time. I hope all recipients appreciate that.

Kristina said...

Mama Pea, I hope so. I put a lot of thought into each family's gift. I know my older brother loved his scrubbies, and gave him a few extra for their camper. I did not gift as much as I normally do, which is odd considering I had less garden work over summer. I think this year I'll be more on "track" with making gifts.

Dawn McHugh said...

I love home crafted gifts, so much more thought goes into them, I did all crafted gifts this last christmas and will do the same again this year, teenage boys I find the hardest to craft for :-)

Kristina said...

Dawn, I know what you mean about boys. I tend to think of tools or something to hold tools, or something related to their hobbies. There are many things to make from wood too.

Sam I Am...... said...

Beautiful gifts! I would like one of each please! LOL! I had scrubbies on my list but never got to them. Great job and lucky recipients!

Kristina said...

Sam I am, those scrubbies in the photo use 20 feet of 3 inch wide netting. They are thick and very nice.

Susan said...

Your stitch work on those towels is wonderful - so are the colors! Lucky family!

Kristina said...

Susan, thanks. I used some threads that I won from Kim's blog giveaway to make some of them too.

RB said...

All very useful and lovely gifts. How's the scrubby made?
God bless.
RB
<><

Kristina said...

RB, I use a pattern found in Mary Jane Butters Stitching book.