Skip to main content

Christmas Homemade ~ 2015


You finally get to see it.  We had our very last Christmas-family gathering yesterday.

Here is what I gifted this year for Christmas. 
1/2 pint jars of home canned sweet pickle relish
4 oz jars of home canned Queen Anne's Lace Jelly 



Mom received a set 

 



of 4 pink cup coasters (crocheted in 100% cotton yarn) and a triple heart bookmark as well.



Some received crocheted dish scrubbies. 








Various embroidered flour sack towels were gifted.





A crocheted edging that I attached to a hand towel for another person. 

A packet of zinnia flower seeds from my flower garden.

 I gifted my Uncle a hand crocheted flip-flop dishcloth.  It can be used to place a cell phone on, dishcloth or washcloth.



Comments

Mama Pea said…
What a lot of thought, effort and love went into those homemade Christmas gifts! AND a lot of your time. I hope all recipients appreciate that.
Mama Pea, I hope so. I put a lot of thought into each family's gift. I know my older brother loved his scrubbies, and gave him a few extra for their camper. I did not gift as much as I normally do, which is odd considering I had less garden work over summer. I think this year I'll be more on "track" with making gifts.
Dawn said…
I love home crafted gifts, so much more thought goes into them, I did all crafted gifts this last christmas and will do the same again this year, teenage boys I find the hardest to craft for :-)
Dawn, I know what you mean about boys. I tend to think of tools or something to hold tools, or something related to their hobbies. There are many things to make from wood too.
Sam I Am...... said…
Beautiful gifts! I would like one of each please! LOL! I had scrubbies on my list but never got to them. Great job and lucky recipients!
Sam I am, those scrubbies in the photo use 20 feet of 3 inch wide netting. They are thick and very nice.
Susan said…
Your stitch work on those towels is wonderful - so are the colors! Lucky family!
Susan, thanks. I used some threads that I won from Kim's blog giveaway to make some of them too.
RB said…
All very useful and lovely gifts. How's the scrubby made?
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, I use a pattern found in Mary Jane Butters Stitching book.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart