Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Christmas Homemade ~ 2015


You finally get to see it.  We had our very last Christmas-family gathering yesterday.

Here is what I gifted this year for Christmas. 
1/2 pint jars of home canned sweet pickle relish
4 oz jars of home canned Queen Anne's Lace Jelly 



Mom received a set 

 



of 4 pink cup coasters (crocheted in 100% cotton yarn) and a triple heart bookmark as well.



Some received crocheted dish scrubbies. 








Various embroidered flour sack towels were gifted.





A crocheted edging that I attached to a hand towel for another person. 

A packet of zinnia flower seeds from my flower garden.

 I gifted my Uncle a hand crocheted flip-flop dishcloth.  It can be used to place a cell phone on, dishcloth or washcloth.



10 comments:

Mama Pea said...

What a lot of thought, effort and love went into those homemade Christmas gifts! AND a lot of your time. I hope all recipients appreciate that.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, I hope so. I put a lot of thought into each family's gift. I know my older brother loved his scrubbies, and gave him a few extra for their camper. I did not gift as much as I normally do, which is odd considering I had less garden work over summer. I think this year I'll be more on "track" with making gifts.

Dawn said...

I love home crafted gifts, so much more thought goes into them, I did all crafted gifts this last christmas and will do the same again this year, teenage boys I find the hardest to craft for :-)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Dawn, I know what you mean about boys. I tend to think of tools or something to hold tools, or something related to their hobbies. There are many things to make from wood too.

Sam I Am...... said...

Beautiful gifts! I would like one of each please! LOL! I had scrubbies on my list but never got to them. Great job and lucky recipients!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I am, those scrubbies in the photo use 20 feet of 3 inch wide netting. They are thick and very nice.

Susan said...

Your stitch work on those towels is wonderful - so are the colors! Lucky family!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, thanks. I used some threads that I won from Kim's blog giveaway to make some of them too.

RB said...

All very useful and lovely gifts. How's the scrubby made?
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, I use a pattern found in Mary Jane Butters Stitching book.