Skip to main content

Camping Embroidery



Remember the cloth napkins I found while cleaning?  They are now getting embroidered.  I found a fun iron-on transfer from Sublime Stitching and love it!  The patterns are a bit pricey, but I ordered mine during a half-price sale.


They are fun, simple, and not too much work to pack up in the pop-up camper. 

Aren't they cute?  I have more to embroider too.

I do draw the line on taking too much stuff (things that have no useful purpose) when camping.  I try to keep it limited. 

When I go camping, it's for unplugging, getting away from busyness, to enjoy nature, hike, fish, sit by the fire, enjoy the company of my family (without everyone holding their electronics snap chatting, texting or emailing).  

Oh Geeze.  Now I want to go camping.  Sigh.

Comments

Willow said…
I am really loving that camping embroidery ~ and I love camping as well :)
Mama Pea said…
Your camping towels are delightful because of your talented embroidery. But I would be hesitant to take them on any of our camping trips 'cause they'd get stained and mucked up way too fast!
I see so many cute things for camping. I'd have to be careful too-- my camper would be filled up with cutesy and no room for me!
Love these napkins; cute embroidery too.
Pat
GrannyAnnie said…
Those are terrific! I love that design. You did such a beautiful job! Now I am going to have to find that pattern!
When my kids were little, I will admit, I took WAY too much camping, but now they look back and remember it all with a giggle of a smile, and how much they did enjoy all that stuff, anyway. Now, when any of us get to go, we do take only the minimal. I even let them talk me into taking a microwave tent camping once! We have had a few warm nights here, lately (certainly not tonight, though), and it has made me long to go camping on a fishing bank with a pole and a little bait!
EMMA said…
Wow your embroidery is amazing!! Hope I will be able to do something like that one day.
Thanks for the kind comments. We still plan to use these camping, despite getting them stained.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart