Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, February 27, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday




We sort of had shopping plans, and ended up at another Wal-mart first.  I finally found a lot of white ribbon, and a few other colors, but still need pink and peach.  Only $.47 a roll, but only 20 feet per roll.  Anyway, I was very happy to locate some.  Now this means the next crochet project ha ha - baby booties.

The weekend went by way too fast.  A lot work that we planned to do on the house did not happen.


Today I will be joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

I will link up when she posts.


The weather . . .

Thunderstorms today, and a possibility of snow this coming weekend.


As I look outside my window . . .

The sun is starting to come up.


Right now I am . . .

Brewing another pot of coffee.


Thinking and pondering . . .

We are considering removing the bedroom carpet next.  Not sure when, but next on the list, as I get back to painting.  I have a door to paint in the utility room (for a cubbie) as well.


On my bedside table . . .

Water, two framed photos, and a few lozenges.


On my TV Today . . .

We just finished watching 1923, so not sure what will be next.


Listening to . . .

80's while I do housework.


On the lunch plate . . .

I have no idea yet.


On the dinner plate . . .

Burgers


On the menu . . .

-burgers, veggie

-chicken fajitas

-leftovers


On my reading pile . . .




On the to-do list . . .

-make homemade turkey sage sausage
-make a breakfast
-sweep/mop
-laundry
-dishes
-run dishwasher
-water seedlings
-take yarn, craft supplies upstairs
-start cleaning up bedroom to prep for carpet removal (probably will take a few weeks or more, as the carpet is in the walk-in closet too.


Plans for this week . . .

No plans, other than to get back to home repairs/renovations


What I am creating . . .


I'm still working on a blanket for us.  Trying to finish a scarf.


My simple pleasure . . .

Journaling.


Looking around the house . . .

I need to take some yarn upstairs that I have collected from around the house.


From the camera . . .



Bible Verse, Devotional, Prayers . . .



7 comments:

Jean said...

Beautiful photo! Your book looks really interesting. Hope you have a great week!

Carol said...

Looks like you have a lot to do this week as well. I love that blanket. I think that your book looks like a great one too. I may need to check to see if the library has anything similar.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jean, thank you!

Carol, I am definitely learning some things with this book. I bought it used.

Debi said...

You have a busy week ahead. Glad you were able to find the ribbon you were looking for. Have a great week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debi, my husband said, "are you really gonna make that many booties?" Ha! I have lots of yarn, but I can always gift them as well. I may see if any hospital gift shops or florists will let me sell some. Just glad I found the ribbon.

Luludou said...

That looks like a promising book! Beautiful blanket. can't wait to see the baby boots. Have a great rest of the week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Luludou