Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Lack of Supplies ~ Tidbits

Shopping frustrations - errand days.  We finally got some wood returned to Menards, picked up trim to finish the final bit in the living room, bought a new light bulb socket for the stairway (kids ripped the pull chain completely off years ago), restocked some things we were out of, picked up new outlet covers and what not.  

We also made another donation drop. Woohoo to that.

I went looking for 1/4inch ribbon at Wal-mart for $.47/roll vs. $1.99/roll at our local Meijer.  I have looked at two stores now for this.

However, they were completely out of white, baby blue, pink, and almost all other colors I need.  I will have to check other locations.  I guess I have all year to look for it.  My total focus this year is the house/outdoor projects.  

I ruined my slippers in the washing machine, and had trouble finding a new pair (affordable) in my size.  I'm sure Kohl's had some nice ones, but I'm not paying $30 and up for slippers.  Our grocery store had some really nice ones, but again, out of my big foot size.  I found a gray pair at Wal-Mart that will do for now.

Speaking of lack of supply, we had to go to 3 stores to find organic tahini (in fact tahini at all), two stores to find organic canned mushrooms, and two stores to find organic yellow onions.




The weather here is fantastic!  We are in the upper 50's and the chickens are loving it. We are getting eggs again thankfully.




No comments: