Skip to main content

....from the handiwork journal






Crocheted plant leaf coasters that fill a "pot" when not in use.  It turned out super adorable.  I used what colors I had on hand and think they were perfect.  I may or may not make more of these.  Daughter E's suggestion.

Finished this blanket finally.  Only 40 hours of labor (love).

I'm back to working on our own blanket now.  My husband is happy about this one.  I have not made us a blanket in years.  The dogs destroyed the last one I made when we first moved here.  I'm so happy to work on it again.  I decided to rotate soft white in between the black and heather grey yarn.  I'm  hoping to get it done before winter is over.  Summer is not an ideal time to crochet a large blanket.

Future possible project - a crocheted Valentine Tic-Tac-Toe game.  Is it not adorable or what?  On the possibility list for next year.  I have a house to get in order this year.  Pattern is free online HERE.




 

Comments

Carol said…
I am sure your husband will love the blanket. I love that tic tac toe game. My grand doll would be excited with that
Carol, it is nice to finally work on something for our own home now. Isn't that game the cutest? I haven't printed the pattern (gulp), but gosh it was too cute to not share.
Jackie said…
That is one cute idea for a game. I love the leaf coasters and pot.

God bless.
Jackie, I have crocheted a large regular game like that before, just not that cute size with hearts. So cute. Thanks. I had fun making the leaf coasters and pot.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart