Skip to main content

Coffee Hour and Computer Time

 

I've been spending morning coffee hour looking at paint colors for the next upcoming rooms/hallway.  It's not easy for sure.  I may buy samples again, as the color is never the same on the paint chip as it is on the wall.  Lighting can also change the color in a room or hallway.


By looking them up online first, it saves me a lot of him-hawing time at the hardware store.  It also helps me visualize the room/trim etc.  

I've also been pretty regular at devoting a few days a week to load any useable digital coupons from two stores, but thinking about starting up digital with a third.  The way things are going, any savings helps these days.

Boring post today folks.

Comments

Katie C. said…
Which coupon savers do you recommend? Right now I just use the digital coupons from the particular store.


You are definitely right about paint colors. Way back a long time ago in the 80s, I painted my townhouse living room. I kept chanting, “It’s going to dry lighter. It’s going to dry lighter.” I had a pepto bismal colored living room for a long time. Weeks after the paint dried I went to a party where their living room was painted the color I was aiming for. It had peach in it too which made it kind of like the inside of a shell.

Anyway, I learned my lesson. When I wanted to paint the dining room a light grey with white trim, I asked for help at the paint store. I was told you don’t want that color (the one I was holding), it has too much brown in it. What?! They got the proper sample and with the two side by side I could see it. I needed the one with more blue tones in it.
Katie, I agree on the paint samples. I bought actual small paint samples to paint on the wall when we did the living room. As far as digital coupons, it depends on what stores you have in your area. Here we have Kroger and Meijer, and I do coupons for both, and also earn money off coupons. Dollar General has them, but I just don't frequent there as much, but I may be soon. I will be comparing prices on things like Dawn soap, toilet paper, etc.
Debi said…
I hate picking out paint colors... it never looks like the vision I have in my head. The last two big paint jobs that we did I bought the little samples and painted swatches on the wall. My son teases me that those four swatches were on the wall for five years and then I picked a completely different color. That's not true they were only there for a year and I did pick one of the colors! Anyway... I empathize with the agony of choosing paint colors... happy weekend!
Debi, we have not painted anything here for 14 years, so I hope once we do, it will be another 14 ha ha!
Carol said…
Paint samples can be deceiving as they are never the same at home as in the store. I need to paint our hallway, but I just do not want to do it.
Carol, I do not like to paint either, and the hall is next, then either bedroom or office, but there is still boxes of stuff in my office...ugh...ceilings are getting painted too, after 14 years.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart