Skip to main content

My Birthday

 I turned 29 (again) yesterday.  He he!  My 19 year-old gifted me these beautiful flowers.   Aren't they pretty?  My gifts were a complete surprise.  I never expected my kids to buy me anything.  I told them I just wanted a clean house.



My 21 year-old son gifted me a Blue Ray player.  You should have seen me trying to use the remote.  Where's the play button?  Where's the pause button?  Ha ha ha!  The cool part is, is that there is a "netflix" button on it too!  Yay!


My mother and kids gifted me these beautiful cards.  Mom's card contained a little extra somethin' that I will save for my weekend on the island.  My youngest daughter gifted me with a coupon for a breakfast sandwich - Yum!  My 13 year-old's card contained wishes from her school friends.

And I received many Happy Birthday text messages and some Happy Birthday e-mails.


My 11 year-old, with the help of her 16 year-old sister, baked me chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting.  Yum!  She even hunted down a birthday candle for me.  Then, they filmed me eating it (not so pretty, but funny anyway).

With my birthday yesterday, I thought about a list I started years ago. Kind of like a "bucket" list I guess.  So, last night I started a new list of "Things I want to do" and will compare it to my old list (if I can find it).  

    

Comments

Sandra said…
Happy Birthday!!
EMMA said…
Joyeux Anniversaire!
Carolyn said…
Happy, Happy Birthday!
Do we get to see this Bucket List?
Kim said…
Happy Birthday my dear! May 10th is my dh's b-day as well.
Happy Birthday, Kristina! Thoughtful kids lovin' on their mom :)
Unknown said…
Enjoy and rest on your special day!!!
Happy Birthday to you too Kim!
You all just may see my list some day.
Candy C. said…
Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! :)
Farmgirl Heidi said…
Happy Belated Birthday! I meant to write that when we exchanged email information ON your birthday. Alas, the old timers got me. Sorry. I hope it was the BEST birthday ever, and I hope your Mother's Day was great too. Judging from all the wonderful, thoughtful gifts your kids gave you, I am sure it was a memorable day.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart