Skip to main content

Honey Roasted Pecans ~ Chilly Day


We are very much enjoying roasted pecans on our salads lately, so I started making my own (vs. buying them already roasted).  Here, a 3.5 oz. bag of honey roasted pecans costs $3.99. 



These are so simple to make.  It's just pecans and honey.  I did cool them on parchment paper, which kept them from sticking to the pan.  The recipe is here:  Honey Roasted Pecans

Although these were absolutely delicious, they remained sticky after cooling.  I'm looking for a recipe that leaves the pecans with a crunchy coating.  I think I will try a few more versions of roasted pecans.

Yesterday was very strange.  It was cool early morning, but no rain.  I was able to get another 39 tomato plants (Yea, I counted them) in before the rain did arrive, and get some stakes in also.  I was thankful for not having to do it in the humid 90°F weather. 

Later in the day it became so dreary, the temperature dropped, and the drizzle continued the entire day.   The temperature dropped to the low 40's overnight.  Secretly, I was happy I could wear my newly crocheted shawl, while sitting and resting on my front porch.  We however, did not get enough rain to fill my rain barrel.

It's cool yet this morning, but garden work is on the schedule again.  Almost all of my flower seeds I planted are up, except my shasta daisies.  I may have to replant them.

Last night my 16 year-old brought Artie in for a visit.  He's the last baby buckling that was born, and is up for sale.  He's such a cutie!   

Tiger, my youngest daughter's cat, got extra treats.  He not only caught one mouse in the house yesterday, but one the previous night.  Good kitty!


Comments

The honey roasted pecans sound delicious.
Might have to give these a try...we're hoping for a good pecan crop this year.
39 tomato plants, seriously? That's a lot of tomatoes.
We're still having some cool weather off and on...but the humidity is awful most days.
I took a dip in the pool yesterday...thinking the water would be warm...it wasn't too bad...but still a little cool for my pleasure.

...have a safe weekend. Pat
Unknown said…
Oh, I just bought pecans today at costco! Thanks! I'd like a crunchy version too...
Katmom said…
I think my 'Dolly~girl would have a heart attack if a mouse crossed her path! lol!
oh and pass the Honey Pecans plz! :>)

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart